Lakeside Estate by Gage Construction
2019 AWARD WINNER!
The design was used from combining two iterations of an Allison Ramsey plan. The plan needed to be modified further to accommodate the intended use the family would have, yet keep the low-country/farmhouse architectural style.
The home is built to meet the Energy Star standards. The home is rated at 53 on the HERS index. Additionally, the home was re-tested 10 months after completion and still maintained the same energy efficiency.
- 2x6 exterior wall construction
- 10’ ceilings on the main floor.
- Master retreat with a sitting area.
- BIB insulation in the walls
- Foam insulation in the rafters
- Surround sound for the great room and rear porch
- Reclaimed elements from a local Chapin home that was being torn down for the new Publix.
- Massive porches to capture the surrounding acreage and lake views
- 5” Walnut hardwood floors
- Metal roof with high temp. under-layment.
- Large windows to capture as much natural light as possible due to the large porches on the front and back of the home.
- 8’ Exterior doors.
- Attached 2 car carport with an integrated storage area off the rear.
- Automatic dog door
It was important to maintain an open concept on the first floor that naturally transitioned to the outside through a large quad-slider. This was important for large gatherings as to help the space not feel confined, as well as keep the area naturally lit and maintain the view of the lake and woods.
The upstairs was designed specifically for the kids. Each child was to have their his and her own room and bathroom, with a common space for games, friends, and hanging out.
This entry was submitted by