14th Annual CRA WINNER!
Opened in 1989, Motor Supply Bistro has become one of Columbia's premier dining establishments. Located in the heart of the historic Congaree Vista, the rustic character of the historic building, a renovated building from the late 1800's, offeres a nice backdrop to the wonderful meals prepared daily. With an ever growing demand for seating, owner Eddie Wales decided the old awning-covered porch that seated guests needed to be replaced with something more permanent.
The goals were to increase seating capacity while maintaining the character of the existing structure and to create an open porch feel with the ability to comfortably utilize the space year-round.
The new space incorporated reclaimed brick, exposed framing, cobblestone pavers, and antique lighting. Sound absorbing panels were also added to help soften the noise levels during peak dining periods. Open the three roll-up garage doors on a beautiful Columbia day and you quickly return to the open patio concept. What a great atmosphere to enjoy a cocktail and a wonderful meal!
Exterior space before and after:
Interior space after:
Palmetto Construction & Renovations
Owner: Jim Evatt
Ph. (803) 917-5755