Spring is the time of year when many Americans make plans to remodel their homes. May is National Home Remodeling Month and the BIA Remodelers Council remind you to only trust your dreams for your home to a qualified remodeler. Increasing home value, completing needed maintennance, and improving energy-efficiency are just some of the reasons to remodel now.
Use the articles below to learn more about how and why to choose a professional remodeler, see what return you can expect from different projects and other helpful information.
See the Columbia Remodelers Awards (CRA) page to see award-winning remodeling projects performed here in the greater Columbia area by our members - a great source of inspiration for your project.
- Why Hire a Professional Remodeler?
- Benefits of Hiring a Professional Remodeler
- How to Hire a Professional Remodeler
- Add Green to Your Home by Remodeling
- Top Five Remodeling Projects
- See the Cost vs. Value Report by Hanley Wood, LLC - See the return on investment for a variety of home improvement projects
- Make Your Home Safe for People of All Ages and Abilities
- Learn about our Universal Living certification program designed to help you and your remodeler make your home livable and visitable for people of all ages and abilities.
Remodeling Do's and Don'ts:
- Don’t neglect your home. Do maintain and enhance the value of your home with maintenance and remodeling projects.
- Don’t try complex remodels on your own. Do call a professional remodeler to get the job done right the first time and save yourself time and money.
- Don’t necessarily hire the cheapest remodeler. Do a thorough check on the remodeler’s experience, references, and qualifications, such as membership with the Columbia Remodelers council.
- Don’t lose patience during the remodel. Do prepare yourself for challenges and realistically understand the time and money your remodel may require.
- Don’t try to remove or deal with lead paint on your own. Do call a professional remodeler or remediator to minimize exposure to lead paint.