Chartered in 1989, the Sales & Marketing Council of Greater Columbia was formed based on the idea that in order for our local industry professionals to be successful we would need to educate, motivate and support anyone involved in new home sales. The council was developed within the Home Builders Association of Greater Columbia and with the help of eight extremely dedicated board members, grew to more than 150 members in it's first year and was also awarded Best New Sales & Marketing Council by the National Association of Home Builders.
Education We have continued to maintain those principles that were the foundation for our council by offering our members access to the latest educational courses offered by NAHB with CSP, IRM and MIRM designations as well as our very popular ABC's of Building, which gives attendees a hands-on look at the building process. Our newest educational programming, Wits & Grits, is offered bi-monthly to our members free of charge and addresses current industry issues and trends.
Recognition Every February we hold Columbia's most prestigious industry awards program, The REGAL Awards, which recognizes "Real Estates' Greatest Achievers and Leaders". The Gala is a highly anticipated event for all of our members. Awards are given out in categories ranging from advertising to product design. We also celebrate the achievements of our members with new home sales in excess of 1 million dollars with the REGAL Circle Agent and Sales Manager Awards.
Giving Back to the Community Since 2003 the Sales & Marketing Council has adopted St. Lawrence Place, a program of Trinity Housing Corporation which provides thirty units of transitional housing for homeless families in Columbia, as their official philanthropy. We have worked closely with the organization in many activities and fundraisers such as: Adopt-A-Family, SMC Workday, Cleaning Supplies Drive, School Supply Basket Drive, Mr. Strut Your Stuff, Camp Bob, Weight Wars: Battle of the Bulge and most recently our Chili for Charity ~ Chili Cookoff.
Networking There is always a networking opportunity when you become a member with our Sales & Marketing Council. We encourage every member to become as actively involved as possible and attend many of the great events we have throughout the year such as our Realtor Day at Parade of Homes, Quarterly Breakfast Meetings, Preview Parties, After Hours and Sneak Peek for the Tour of Homes.
2016 SMC Board of Directors
- Chairman: Rob Haney, Crown Communities
- Vice Chair: Zeke Riddle, ERA Wilder Realty
- Treasurer: Kim O’Quinn Ryall, Mungo Homes
- Secretary: Sally Rymer-Hoard, ERA Wilder Realty
2016 Committee Chairs
- Imm. Past Chairman: Ed McDonnell, McDonnell & Associates, PA
- Past Chairman: Lynwood Munsey, Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate
- Past Chairman’s Committee: Ed McDonnell
- Publicity/Marketing Chair: Tiffany Mitchell, Great Southern Homes
- Membership Chairman: Michelle R. Coppock, SCE&G
- Vice-Chairman: Stephany Connelly, AppleOne Columbia
- Program Chairman: Craig Giles, Giles Insurance Agency
- Education Chairman: Aaron Roe, Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate
- REGAL Chairman: Debi LaFayette, Re/Max Purpose Driven
- Vice-Chairman: Parris Claytor, McDonnell & Associates PA
- Ambassador Chairman: Brandon Jeffcoat, Clark’s Termite & Pest Control
- Vice-Chairman: Jeremy Gould, Essex Homes, SE
- Community Service Chairman: Scott Swindle, Homeowners Mortgage
- Vice-Chairman: David Zeagler, Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate