Chartered in 1989, the Sales & Marketing Council of Greater Columbia was formed based on the idea that in order for our local industry professionals to be successful we would need to educate, motivate and support anyone involved in new home sales. The council was developed within the Home Builders Association of Greater Columbia and with the help of eight extremely dedicated board members, grew to more than 150 members in it's first year and was also awarded Best New Sales & Marketing Council by the National Association of Home Builders.
Education We have continued to maintain those principles that were the foundation for our council by offering our members access to the latest educational courses offered by NAHB with CSP, IRM and MIRM designations as well as our very popular ABC's of Building, which gives attendees a hands-on look at the building process. Our award-winning educational programming, Know & Grow, is offered quarterly to our members free of charge and addresses current industry issues, trends and developments in a particular area around the Midlands.
Recognition Every February we hold Columbia's most prestigious industry awards program, The REGAL Awards, which recognizes "Real Estates' Greatest Achievers and Leaders". The Gala is a highly anticipated event for all of our members. Awards are given out in categories ranging from advertising to product design. We also celebrate the achievements of our members with new home sales in excess of 1 million dollars with the REGAL Circle Agent and Sales Manager Awards.
Giving Back to the Community Since 2003 the Sales & Marketing Council has adopted St. Lawrence Place, a program of Trinity Housing Corporation which provides thirty units of transitional housing for homeless families in Columbia, as their official philanthropy. We have worked closely with the organization in many activities and fundraisers such as: Adopt-A-Family, SMC Workday, Cleaning Supplies Drive, School Supply Basket Drive, Mr. Strut Your Stuff, Camp Bob, Weight Wars: Battle of the Bulge, Chili for Charity ~ Chili Cookoff and most recently POUR WAR!
During SMC Quarterly meetings, we highlight a local charity here in the Midlands to support with our ever-popular Happy Dollar Time. Organizations we have supported: Special Olympics, SisterCare, Wounded Warriors, Happy Wheels, Transitions, United Way, Harvest Hope Food Bank and Palmetto Place Children's Shelter.
Networking There is always a networking opportunity when you become a member with our Sales & Marketing Council. We encourage every member to become as actively involved as possible and attend many of the great events we have throughout the year such as our Chili for Charity, Quarterly Breakfast Meetings, Preview Parties, After Hours and Sneak Peek for the Tour of Homes.
2018 SMC Board of Directors
- Chairman: Kim O'Quinn, Mungo Homes
- Vice Chair: Sally Rymer-Hoard, ERA Wilder Realty
- Treasurer: Jeremy Gould, Keller Wiliams Realty
- Secretary: Robert Penny, Great Southern Homes
2018 Committee Chairs
- Imm. Past Chairman: Zeke Riddle, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Past Chairman: Rob Haney, DR Horton
- Past Chairman’s Committee: Zeke Riddle, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Publicity/Marketing Chair: Kirk Litton, Midlands Media Group
- Vice-Chairman: Lisa Marie Field, Metro Realty Group
- Social Media Ambassador: Kristen Brumbaugh, Blackhound Creative Werks
- Membership Co-Chairman: Amy Caskey, Irmo Lock Company
- Membership Co-Chairman: Jimmy Martin, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Program Co-Chairman: Brandon Jeffcoat, Clark’s Termite & Pest Control
- Program Co-Chairman: Renee Richardson, Geiger
- Education Chairman: Owen Edwards, Guild Mortgage Company
- REGAL Chairman: Kimberly Branham, Synovous Mortgage Corp
- Vice-Chairman: Susan Brownlee, Mungo Homes
- Ambassador Chairman: Mike Willis, Mike Willis Promotions
- Community Service Chairman: Parris Claytor, McDonnell & Associates, PA
- Vice-Chairman: Tara Price, Resource Realty Group