Job Title: Production Director Type: Full-Time
Department: Production Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Starting Salary: $75,000/year
The Production Director oversees the Production Team including new builds, the neighborhood revitalization program, and homeowner services. The PD is specifically responsible for managing the construction processes of each home built.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Site Selection and Pre-Construction Review
● Complete pre-construction review of CAD prints, estimate detail, and schedule.
● Conduct lot inspection conferences (including grade setting, utilities, and house location within lot dimensions) with the Homeowner Services Director.
● Conduct customer pre-construction meetings in conjunction with the Homeowner Services Director.
2. Construction and Project Management
● Create job schedules with proper activity sequencing and ensure timely completion of projects.
● Schedule subcontractors, manage material requisition, and approve and track Purchase Orders.
● Work with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers.
● Ensure completion of service requests.
● Review, approve, and manage job budgets.
3. Site Supervision
● Train and supervise construction labor, including volunteers and subcontractors, on job sites.
● Ensure safe work practices on all jobs, including compliance with OSHA job site requirements and with the organization’s Safety & Health Model Plan.
● Supervise and facilitate regular meetings with the Production Team.
● Conduct site and program evaluations.
5. Complete other duties as assigned.
Licensure, Education, and Experience
● Active General Contractor’s license.
● Degree in Engineering or related field, or 5 years commensurate experience.
● 2+ years’ experience in new construction in a supervisory capacity. (Additionally, some experience with remodeling projects is preferred.)
● Valid South Carolina driver’s license with good driving record.
Technical and Professional Skills
● Technical ability to manage and schedule construction resources, price construction options, and diagnose and resolve field problems.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest quality standards.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to professionally resolve conflict with customers, employees, subcontractors, colleagues, and volunteers.
● Ability to work professionally and respectfully with people of varying ethnicities, religions, beliefs, socio-economic backgrounds, and orientations.
Physical and Other Job Demands*
● Ability to work a flexible schedule.
● Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Ability to frequently walk, sit, and stand while performing the duties of this job.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.