The Construction Supervisor will be responsible for managing all day-to-day field construction operations within budget and on time; ensuring adherence to quality standards and workplace safety; and effectively communicating with, supervising and building strong positive relationships with all subcontractors and vendors. The Construction Supervisor works closely with the Construction Manager, and our homebuyers to ensure complete satisfaction with the finished home.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work under deadlines, manage time efficiently, and solve problems. An enthusiastic, professional attitude, neat appearance, good driving record, outstanding communication skills and a background check are required, as this position will involve communicating with subcontractors as well as interacting with home buyers. You must be willing to embrace a flexible work schedule, generally Monday through Friday. Residential Construction experience and computer literacy is also required. A high school graduate or equivalent is the minimum education level, however upper level education is desirable.
The Construction Supervisor responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Direct the efforts of field personnel with a view to meeting deadlines
• Ensure that all subcontractors are provided with a schedule that they must work on
• Provide workers with information on how a project needs to be completed
• Ensure that subcontractors are aware of quality standards and company policies
• Make sure subcontractors are knowledgeable of work ethics and best practices
• Procure materials and equipment and ensure appropriate inventory of both
• Create and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, vendors and subcontractors
• Ensure that all workers on the site work in harmony and attempt to keep conflict at bay
• Intervene during conflicts between members and exercise tact to ward it off
• Verify that each subcontractor has successfully completed the project handed to him
• Perform inspection of job sites and individual work duties
• Ensure appropriate care and maintenance of construction tools and equipment