The Home Energy Group is looking for a professional who is seeking a career in the energy efficiency and green certification profession. The specific job opening is for a Field Inspector who will provide builder support services for residential certifications to include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Well organized
- Coordinating and prioritizing work schedules with Builder staff
- Ability to understand building science principals and convey these concepts by providing on site training for builders and sub contractors
- Provide inspections and testing services for each project
- Complete necessary documentation for the project to achieve certification
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and ability to access areas in tight spaces to perform the necessary inspections
- Aptitude to perform Quality Inspections for builder QC programs
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in residential construction with a HERS rater or BPI Building Analyst certification. HEG will provide the necessary training and certification for the right individual. The candidate must be able to pass the RESNET Field Inspector exams as a condition of employment.
The work environment will consist of field inspections in residential new construction work sites. You must be able to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. You must be able to climb ladders to access attic areas.
Compensation is commensurate with knowledge and experience level.
HEG is a green building and consulting organization located in Mt. Pleasant SC. HEG provides new home certifications for ENERGY STAR and LEED for Homes as well as HERS Ratings for private labeling. HEG also performs existing home assessments to identify home comfort, indoor air quality or energy efficiency opportunities. HEG provides building science training for builders, HVAC contractors, Insulation companies and individuals interested in obtaining certification. HEG is an accredited HERS Rater Training Provider.